- First Name
- Last Name
- Warwick University
- Central Europe
- Holocaust, Jewish and Communist history
- Short Bio
I am a Holocaust historian working on the queer history, that is, deported Jews who engaged in same sex conduct.
- Czech, German, English, Dutch
- Recent/Major Publications
- “Medicine in Theresienstadt”, Social History of Medicine, published online 30 August 2018.
- “What Kind of Narrative is Legal Testimony?: Terezín Survivors Speaking Before Czechoslovak, Austrian, and Western German Justice,” in Rethinking Holocaust Justice: Essays Across Disciplines, ed. Norman Goda (New York: Berghahn, 2017): 71-99.
- with Maria von der Heydt, “Biedermeier Desk in Seattle: The Veit Simon Children, Class, and the Transnational in Holocaust History,” in European Review of History, 2016
- “Women as citizens in the Theresienstadt prisoner community,” Encyclopaedia of Mass Violence, June 27, 2016
- “Sexual Barter in Times of Genocide: Negotiating the Sexual Economy of the Theresienstadt Ghetto,” Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society, (vol. 38, no. 3) spring 2013, Recipient of the Catharine Stimpson Prize for Outstanding Feminist Scholarship 2013